Friday, May 18, 2007

Eragon

Enjoyment
Eragon is probably my most favorite book that I've read so far. Not only is it a hugely action packed book, it is cheap and in paperback too! In the book itself, there are 497 pages of almost nonstop action and tension. Eragon, a boy of 15, finds a strange stone deep in the mountain range called the Spine. He attempts to trade it, and when his offer is turned down, he takes it home as a trinket. Little does he know that his most loved companion will come from that stone and he will carry on an ancient legacy that started way before his time. He ventures away from his homeland, and is unaware that he may never return.

5 pencils

Tween Friendly
This book does not have many inappropriate words, but there are a few. You don't need to worry about unnecessary romance either. As far as young adult books go, this has the least amount of inappropriate content that I've seen. He stays about the same age throughout the entire book. I was impressed that there was so little inappropriate language in it and my mom was too. So, you should absolutely get this book, and for about 10 bucks, it's totally worth it!

5 erasers


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca: i love you :) I am glad you came to my house today. I think what you are doing is awesome. You read all the time.. like whenever I come over... you are reading and sometimes you barely realize I am there! just kidding :) but keep up the good work.. maybe someday when you are older you could get paid to do things like this.. Have fun and post new books soon! Eventhough I do not read them.. it is interesting to see what you say about them... idea... maybe you should also include a summary of the book.. so people like me who are clueless can learn what the book is about :) love you again... bye bye

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I can see that I'm going to spend a lot of time at the library, after reading this blog. Eragon's next on my list, then.

Ki-Ki said...

Rebecca: thanks for the comment! I am glad that you wrote. Please read Eragon!
Gnightgirl: You'll like Eragon if you like fantasy. It's my all time favorite book, so Ihopr you like it!

Anonymous said...

dear ki-ki,
i totally agree with u on eragon its awesome. lol the movie's much worse well not much but still it was a good movie